17.8.10

iPostcards from 15th Anniversary Road Trip

For our 15th Anniversary (August 11), we decided to celebrate by doing a culinary road trip in the wine country of Northern California (Napa-Sonoma-Russian River Valleys). I thought, since I've been unemployed since March, we better do a local trip to minimize on expenses. Boy was I wrong. In some ways, an international trip may have come out cheaper. This trip was all about enjoying each other's company and the pleasures of eating amazing food along with good wine. Prior to the trip, my honey sensed that I was feeling anxious about the future expense. But being a sweetheart, he informed me that anything that went beyond our vaca-sean fund, would be covered by him. So, I was able to close my eyes, savor every bite & sip and truly enjoy. Hey, what can I say..."I'm worth it!" :-)

For iPostcards of the following vaca-sean, please click on the name of the destina-sean:
San Francisco
Canyon
St. Helena, Napa Valley
Rutherford, Napa Valley
Spring Mountain District AVA, Napa-Sonoma Valley
Sterling, Calistoga
Calistoga, Napa Valley
Napa, Napa Valley
Guerneville/Russian River
Bodega Bay
Bodega

Or you can scroll down the blog to see them from latest to earliest.

No comments: